Share all your academic problems here to get the best solution. You Can Also Share your ideas here to motivate other students.
Testing is an activity carried out by testers to find defects in the software and reported to the development team for correction. It is either executed manually or through automation.
Debugging is the activity carried out by the development team after getting the test report about the defects from the testing team..
- Helps in identifying and fixing bugs.
- Ensure software performance when integrated with other existing legacy systems.
- Performs root cause analysis which increases the efficiency of the software.
- Ensure the reliability of software.
- Reports error conditions immediately.
- Provides maximum useful information on data structures.
- Minimizes useful and distracting information.
- Helps in avoiding complex one use testing code.
Approaches used for Software testing
- Black Box testing
- White Box Testing
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Functional Testing
- System Testing
- Stress Testing
- Usability Testing
- Performance Testing
- Acceptance Testing
- Beta Testing
- Regression Testing
Approaches use for Debugging
- Brute force: Requires a little thought process and is the least mentally taxing of all the other approaches.
- Induction: Allows a developer to discover most errors in the design and code of the software, without going near the computer.
- Deduction: Goes through some of the general theories & properties of the errors while using the method of elimination & refinement of conclude..